Monday, May 6, 2013

Continued Faith...

It's been 3 weeks since I was discharged from City of Hope.  Life pretty much picked up where it left off before I was admitted and had my stem cell transplant.  I had wonderful people helping take care of me and I had to keep reminding myself that my immune system had essentially been "reset" - in other words, my energy levels have been good and I've been healthy.

In the last week, I started coughing quite a bit and then developed a 103 degree fever on Saturday. Luckily the fever subsided and my energy slowly was returning. Today I had a doctor's appointment as well as blood work, a chest xray, and a CT PET scan.  My blood work looked great but my doctor and nurse practitioner were concerned about my chest xray and CT scan because it showed what could be a bacterial lung infection. What seemed like it would be a one day drive down and drive home has turned into a hospital admission.

My doctor would like to keep me here at City of Hope to figure out exactly what is going on and give me IV medications to treat any type of infection that I might have. I am feeling pretty good today minus my cough and a low grade fever. Despite any sickness in my body, I still have joy, peace, and perseverance. Will try to keep you all updated but I wont have a computer here with me.

In the meantime, I'll be reflecting on these scriptures:

"God blesses the people who patiently endure testing. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12

"For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He exult over you by singing a happy song." Zephaniah 3:17

Love you all and appreciate all your love, support, and prayers!

5 comments:

  1. You are on our hearts and in our prayers, Alisha …Elaine & Charlie Youngkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alisha, we at Rock Harbor are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alisha, Rana (say Renee) from RHCF here. We have yet to meet, but we will. I am praying for you and trust that you are finding our God to be strong and faithful on your behalf. Psalm 61:3

    ReplyDelete