Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Waiting Game

I can't believe it has been over 8 months since my diagnosis. Although I haven't been the greatest about updating this blog, I still would like to share with you how this journey has been. Last time I updated, I had just started chemotherapy treatments, now I'm done!! I completed 6 rounds (or 12 treatments) of ABVD chemotherapy. I'd love to say it was a breeze, I had no nausea, fatigue, or hair loss...but that wouldn't be true. I mean, I did experience all of those things...but so what?! Although treatment wasn't all peaches and butterflies, heck it was terrible - I still have a lot to cherish! LIFE, love, friends, family, sunshine, GOD!

My family, friends, coworkers, and classmates...I would not have been able to endure anything without you! I cannot thank you enough for your love, support, grace, and encouragement. I am grateful for your cards, gifts, phone calls, texts, meals, and whatever else I have forgotten! All of you mean more to me than you know! :-)

 In the past 8 months I have learned to appreciate every day, every minute, every hour that I have been given...God is so good! I was able to complete my Masters at UCLA in June and am now a nurse practitioner, yay!! :-). I pray that I am able to use the skills and knowledge that I obtained to further bless others in the United States and beyond! My ultimate goal is to reach out and love on people of all kinds, whether it is through nursing care, a kind word, or outreach. I'm excited about the things to come!

 I've been taught that God answers prayers with a "yes", "no", or "wait"...now of course we don't always hear Him say that clearly, but I think it is our human way of categorizing his responses to our requests. Either way, I'm waiting right now. Chemotherapy is done, yes!! Now on to the next step. I'll have another PET scan the end of this month to see if the cancer is in complete or partial remission. If disease still remains, I'll most likely be scheduled for involved-field radiation therapy in the next coming month. This is usually 5 days a week for 3-5 weeks - but I'll cross that bridge if and when I get there!

 All I know is God has been faithful through it all. Although I do not know "why" I was diagnosed with cancer, I can see all of the rewards and blessings that have been bestowed upon me. Once again, I am excited to see how God will use it all for HIS GLORY!

 Live fully, love unconditionally, laugh joyfully despite life's difficulties, trust wholeheartedly, persevere courageously, and give of yourself completely!!

 LOVE YOU ALL TO PIECES!

No comments:

Post a Comment