Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ready to take the next step...

"Turn adverse circumstances into growth opportunities" - Sarah Young

Here's a picture of me at the top of Inspiration Point, a peak that overlooks all of Los Angeles and it's surrounding areas.  Absolutely gorgeous.  I can't usually say that about a view of the city, but what truly caught my eye was Catalina Island and the Pacific ocean in the far distance.  When I reached the top, it made the trek up the mountain worth it! 

Over the last month, my perspective on life hasn't changed, but it has gotten stronger.  If I see a mountain, I want to climb it.  If I see a stream, I want to cross it.  If I see someone in need, I want to help them.  Life is precious.  As I looked out from Inspiration Point, all I could think about were all the people who were below me - in the cities, at work, on the beach - and how each life is valuable.  How the details and memories we each have shape who we are.  I don't know why, but I'm more excited about life than I ever have been.  There's a challenge in front of me and I am ready to conquer!  Fear has lost any grip that it ever had on me! 


The PET scan showed that the Hodgkin's lymphoma is stage 3 - as it is not localized to one set of lymph nodes, rather it is also below my diaphragm in my spleen.  I have not received the results of my bone marrow biopsy yet, but have an appointment tomorrow with the oncologist.  The staging of the lymphoma does not change the outcome, as I do not have ANY risk factors to not respond to treatment, Praise God!  I will be undergoing ABVD chemotherapy every 2 weeks for the next 6 months.  I will most likely start the regime in the next 3 weeks.  In the mean time, I'm starting back at UCLA next week and am trying to stay as active as I can - as this actually helps to decrease my symptoms of fatigue.  I can honestly say that I am feeling pretty good!  A little more tired than usual but nothing a good night's sleep and a healthy meal can't fix :). 


Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  
- Psalm 139:7-10 -

1 comment:

  1. hi beautiful . . . i was just thinking that when someone is in a battle and turns the outcome over to a loving God, one rests in the hands of sacred security and joy . . You are resting in the best of hands and all good things will come of it . . no doubts . . . you have the faith of a most humble servant and i am sure that angels are all about you . . . we are always here for you Alisha and we love you . . .

    ReplyDelete