Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love.
Monday, December 5, 2011
Change of plans...
Have you ever sat down and planned your day, your week, your 5 year plan perhaps? You figure out every detail and maybe even throw a plan B or C in there. Then when it comes down to it, when that day comes or another year passes...nothing really went as you had imagined or expected? It may have gone much smoother or MUCH bumpier than planned. But when you look back you see how much you learned, how much stronger you are, and how ready you are for that next mountain or valley in front of you! Well my life is definitely going to change in the next few months...I was just diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Cancer. The worst news I thought I would never hear. The disease I hate the most. Me? Are you sure? I'm only 28 years old...hmm. Well what am I gonna do? Fear is not an option. All I can do is fight! Fight with all my heart and strength...face this disease with all that I am. I am only as strong as my faith in the Ultimate Healer who I know will turn this all into something beautiful. Was this in my plan A, B, or C? Nope, definitely not. Will I come out stronger? Yes, I definitely will. Support Hodgkin's lymphoma awareness. Cancer doesn't play favorites...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will say this my dear... fear is an option (you just can't stay there), weakness is too because in your weakness HE is strong! Allow Him to hold you. We are fighting with you! Love you sooo much!
ReplyDeleteLove & ((((HUGS))))
ReplyDeleteI am SO grateful for the hope and peace that God has already filled you with, but I also second the sentiment of the other comments and say that on the days when you DON'T feel this way, God will still be there... along with the friends He has blessed you with who will grieve with you and who will hold onto hope FOR you when you don't have the strength. I know its been years, and I still live far away, but I would love to be a support to you in any way I can.
ReplyDeleteThank you all! I love and appreciate you and I know you and HIM will be there in my times of weakness...
ReplyDeleteStay strong... you're strength will be a motivation for others. Believe in yourself and your support!
ReplyDelete' Faith in God includes Faith in His timing ' . . I am so glad that you are my friend, Alisha . . thank you for always being meg's friend . . She won't take flight from where you are and she'll send millions of angels . . . She's good at getting what she wants ! love you
ReplyDelete