Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Reflections and visions of BEAUTY

"The heavens declare the GLORY of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands" Psalms 19:1

Year by year, we tend to reflect back on memories made - some fond and pleasurable, others painful or unpleasant.  Emotions may bring smiles, tears, or chills.  Sometimes its all we can do but look forward to making new memories and forgetting about old ones.  Other times, we cling to old memories, thinking we can never be as happy as we once were.  I'm not sure where you are at on the spectrum, but I hope that you are blessed by what I have to share.  

This past year my world was turned upside down.  I definitely did not think that I'd be undergoing treatment for cancer in my late twenties.  Really, that is the last thing that would have entered my mind!  I was focused on grad school, my career, and enjoying the great outdoors!  Interesting how the Lord has a way of taking what we "think" is best for us and completely transforming it to show us who we are supposed to be and what we are supposed to do...



Not to say that I've got things all figured out - I've got a long ways to go.  But God has done an incredible job of weaving the yarn of my life into a pattern of perfect beauty.  He has brought me into a season where I am able to truly experience who He is without distraction.  It is AMAZING how He has orchestrates things down to the fine details.  I am reminded on a daily basis of His grace, goodness, love, and faithfulness.  I feel incredibly blessed by the people in my life and the relationships that I share with them.  My journey is one of JOY because of those who are alongside or even behind me to give that extra nudge that I need every once in a while. 


One theme that has been resounding in my thoughts lately is how we all have our own story (or destiny).  It can be tempting to go through life minding our own business, tending to that which concerns "us", and remaining in our comfort zones.  I mean, realistically, we are all 100% concerned with our own lives right?  But when we take the time to open ourselves up to others, its incredible what we can experience and glean.  We all have our own joys, hurts, passions, desires, and gifts.  Yet our lives are so intertwined with those around us.  I pray that you experience an abundance of blessings and joy in this new year and in the many more to come! Take some time to explore who you are, try something new, talk to a stranger...Allow God to break off any chains that are hindering you! 


Update on my treatment...I just had my third round of Brentuximab therapy (essentially another chemotherapy drug).  My last PET scan in the fall showed that the Hodgkin's didn't really respond to the ICE chemotherapy, so my doctor decided to change the course of therapy.  I have one more round of the Brentuximab towards the end of this month, then another PET scan around the second week of February.  If the scan shows that I am closer to or in remission (no evidence of active disease), then my doctors are pushing for me to have a autologous stem cell transplant at City of Hope.  Your prayers can be directed for God to provide me with an overwhelming sense of peace throughout this time - I am confident in His complete healing and faithfulness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment