
"We already know that we’re victors, we already know that victory is always possible in the language of Heaven. It’s like playing a football game when you already know the score…Conflict creates dependence and dependence requires reassurance. God is always happy to accommodate you. He wants you confident. You can ask for reassurance until you get it. God loves to reassure. He wants you to understand that you have this incredible capacity to be wonderful. Wonderful is one of his names and he’s going to give it you…God wants YOU CONFIDENT ABOUT WHO YOU ARE. Confident to take bold steps, to run into something, to be confident like David and run towards a giant because you know the outcome already. You can’t wait to get into the fight!" - Graham Cooke -
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience (endurance). But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, LACKING NOTHING." - James 1:2-4 -

Well, my fight against cancer continues...I found out this month that the Hodgkin's Lymphoma is still in a few of my lymph nodes. I feel completely normal and actually have an amazing amount of energy - coupled with the continuing peace that only God provides :-). I consulted with two oncologists - one in Ventura and one at City of Hope. In the coming weeks I will begin undergoing ICE chemotherapy - which consists of two cycles three weeks apart. Each cycle is 72 hours long - so I will be admitted to the hospital (where I will enjoy my iPad as well as intriguing books).
Following the two cycles of ICE, I will have another PET scan - which will show no signs of cancer :-) - and then the harvesting of my own stem cells. About a week later (sometime in November), I will be admitted to City of Hope where I will undergo 5-8 days of intensive chemotherapy in order to "reset" my immune system essentially. Then I will receive an autologous stem cell transplant - in other words, they will give me back my own stem cells which were harvested previously. After about a total of 3 weeks in the hospital, as long as I can eat, sleep, walk, and poop (lol) I get to go home! I was told that I CAN have visitors while I am in the hospital. Thank the Lord because I might go a bit crazy by myself!! If everyone can please bring me pictures of the outdoors - that'll keep me sane, haha.

Now that I've given y'all a rundown of the so-called PLAN for treatment, I'd like to ask that you pray for complete healing through GOD'S hands. I know that HE is ABLE to heal and I have complete faith in HIM. He has continually shown His faithfulness and provided me with His confidence and peace. God's perfect will triumphs all. We are victors in Him. He chooses to use us as a part of HIS perfect plan. His supernatural strength is what carries me along.
No comments:
Post a Comment